God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I hate shopping.

Well, ok, let me clarify that. I hate shopping when I have to find something and I can't. I'm officially 0 for 2 on Burlington shopping mall successes. Little Sis and I went on Monday night after supper to Mapleview, our goal being a dress that I can wear to Reuben & Irene's wedding on Saturday. I didn't find anything... Marsh got slippers. So I went yesterday again after work. After some rearranging of schedules, I ended up leaving and coming back with Wucka, who also needed something. And do you think we were at all successful, even at a different mall? Uh, no. However, we did have a fun 2 hours of complaining about shopping. Some great quotes:

  • "Did you know that I hate shopping?" "Have I mentioned how much I hate shopping?" "I really hate shopping." (uttered by both of us ad nauseum)
  • "Ugg boots... the vomit of the shoe world."
  • "I saw this, and I thought of you." (about UG-LY blouse)
  • "Wow... that's kind of... urban chic meets ghetto trash."

Yeah, it's always nicer to go to the mall with someone you can laugh with. Thanks Wucka! Too bad we didn't find anything. I think I'm just going to [gasp] wear the same dress I wore for Kev & Sarah's wedding (that's the one I'm wearing in the picture from last post).

I haven't yet had a chance to take a picture of myself with the new 'do, so my apologies to all the fans who have been breathlessly waiting for it. You're gonna hafta breath, darlings, cuz otherwise you'll be pretty dead by the time the picture makes it here. Sorry about that. ;)

Tonight is Girlz Night! I'm meeting my college girls for coffee tonight before soccer. We're only 3 out of 4 right now, as Marlies is still in Holland, but it's fun.

I'm going to try to post some pictures of my sewing projects on here from time to time. Reason being, I bought myself a new sewing machine recently, and I've been sewing up a storm of throws and receiving blankets and even a quilt! Yeah, that's right... I made my own quilt. From scratch, no pattern to follow. The best part about that one is that my dad is telling everyone how cool it is. My dad, people. That's, like, unheard of. I love it. :)

More to follow, but for now, back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home