God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Randomness is the spice of life

Oh wait... that's variety. Oh, whatever.

Yeah, this is going to be a random Monday post, written as I sit at my desk at work, enjoying a lunch of cinnamon-raisin bagel, toasted with butter, an apple cheese danish, and a honey-lemon tea. Timmie's has been my lunch-provider of choice since I started working here in June, and despite repeated warnings from my mother that buying lunch every day will send me straight to the poor house, I just can't make myself get up early in the mornings to make myself a homemade lunch. I kind of enjoy being a regular at a local coffee shop, enjoy greeting the ladies there by name and having them know how I'm feeling based on what I order (cappuccino normally, tea if I'm sick or tired). And the contest doesn't hurt either, although I think at the moment I'm 1/23 or so. I'm still trying to figure out where I have space to put the barbecue I'm going to win...

So, Chris and I went to another wedding this weekend, Reuben and Irene Helder. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that one of my high school buddies is married; not that he's the first one, but he's the first guy of all my high school friends. That's going to change in the next year or two, as more and more of us get hitched. But anyways. So Chris wore his suit and I my fancy dress, and we had a ball, notwithstanding the fact that I was so overdressed. But, it was too late to worry about that -- we were late for the wedding because, at 10 minutes before, I was still at home running around trying to find something else to wear! Good thing the church is close. :) Between the ceremony and the reception we had a few hours, so we ended up going to the mall to get Chris some jeans and stuff. Imagine us, all dressed up to the nines, strolling through the hordes of people in the mall! It was fun! And the reception was beautiful. Reubs, Irene; all the best to you two in Ottawa. We're going to miss you!

The only downer of Saturday was (and you'd think I would be used to this by now, and able to shrug it off) the oft-repeated question: "So, Jo, are you engaged yet? No? When?" ARGH! I wish that I was more patient about this, but I'm not. We know that we want to get married, our families know it, but I still have to wait. And I hate waiting. (Sorry, hun. But you know all of this already, right?)

-----
K, happy things now. Sorry for the rant.
-----

Some more random stuff:
  • Prison Break is on tonight! Only the greatest show I've seen in a long time... I've been so missing it since last year. I'll have to try to tape episodes this time around, so that I can enjoy them again later.
  • Does anyone else think that the new Kelly Clarkson song sounds a little like FeFe Dobson, or is it just me? Not that I particularly like either of them, mind you...
  • I was a total girl on Saturday and picked up 2 new CDs: Michael Buble and James Blunt. Argh :). I also admit to owning the first Clay Aiken CD. So shoot me. At the moment I'm trying to find Tchaikovsky CDs, The Nutcracker Suite and Swan Lake. I found other discs that have some songs from those pieces, but I'm really hoping to find the complete works, one on each CD. I hope that made sense... it did to me, but that's not always a good indicator. If you see one of those CDs, let me know? Thanks!

What else? I'm really hoping that spring weather gets here fast (on that note, happy first day of spring!), so that I can start walking at lunch. I'm close enough to the lake that I could probably make it down there and back in an hour, and I'm really wanting to get back in shape this year.

I think perhaps that I should go and get some work done now, before the whole day is gone. Less than two hours to go and then it's home time, and Prison Break!

J.

2 Comments:

Blogger justine said...

james blunt's pretty cool! my dad bought that cd--not total girlie, i hope! ;)

Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger undoubtably_me said...

It's pretty good, except for the pretty obvious expletive in my favourite song. But yeah, listened to that and M.B. this weekend while I was cleaning... very nice.

Monday, March 27, 2006 9:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home