God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Projects - Part 1

I promised a while back to post some pictures of my recent sewing projects here, and I'm finally getting around to it.

The first two pictures are of the throw I made for K&S. It's blue fleece accented with patterned blue/grey fleece, and the pattern is repeated on the reverse side. The second picture shows a little bit more detail. To make the body of the design, I cut out 2" x 5" rectangles (I think a few hundred) and pieced them together into squares. I sewed the squares into rows, rotating each new square a quarter turn to get the design you see. Then I just sewed the rows together, added an accent border and a finished border. I did this twice to get the two sides, sewed the sides together inside out, flipped them, and piped the edges.

The third picture shows the blankets I made for the girls for Christmas. Also fleece, this time cream and waffle-patterned blue. I checkered the fronts, and then cut backs for them out of a single piece (one back was blue, the other cream). I finished the edges by cutting through both front and back layers to the first seam in 1" slices, then tying the slices together all the way around in double knots. This is an easy blanket to simplify; just make the front and back out of single pieces, cut the edges and tie them. No sewing required! And of course, I had two wonderful models to help me display the finished projects.

I'm always looking for new ideas for blankets, so if you've got any, let me know! :)
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home