God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Projects - Part 2

This one is for Laurs. :)

Two winters ago (this would be 2004) I made this duvet cover. Ambitious girl that I am, I decided that king size was the only way to go. :S I emptied all the closets in our house for old jeans, cleaned them, and cut them all into 12 cm x 12 cm squares. Then I sewed them all together to make this:

















I love it! It was a huge job, but totally worth it. All the jeans are from my family and Chris', so even when we're on our own there's a bit of our families in our new home. I'm making a smaller version right now for a friend, but I have tons of jeans sitting in a pile by the sewing machine that aren't being used yet, so if anyone out there is interested, email me for more details. (Little plug for me there!) They do take a while to make, because I do them in the evenings after work, so it takes me a few months.

Enough pictures for today, I think. Time to get some work done!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

i love what you have made. i would love to have a thing that i could do to be proud of. i think you should be proud of what you have done. i do hope you will ask for payment for these tho.
anyway, keep up the good work.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home