God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Do not read this at the office

Ok, I was bloghopping, and I came across this post. By the time I got to the end I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. But silently laughing, because I'm at work right now.

*****
Last Thursday i went to the dentist.
I am TERRIFIED of dentists.

I know a lot of people are but I actually have a really good reason! Two years ago I went to the Philippines for a mission trip. While I was there I needed an emergency root canal. Root canals and third world countries do NOT go together well. My bottom tooth was infected, so the medication they were using to numb the pain wasn’t working, and they started drilling on my tooth anyways. It hurt so bad that I bit the dentist hand and the drill went up through my top tooth as well. So now I hate the dentist. HATE them.

But I needed to go so I sucked it up and went to J& D dental. They are fabulous, and made sure I was very very very numb before they did anything. After they were finished I felt a little queasy and decided to ride the bus home.

(This is the good part)
I am on the bus but all the seats are taken so I stand up and hold on the railing. My whole mouth is numb, I don’t feel good, and I shut my eyes. When I open them again I realized that I am drooling. Worse yet, I realize that I am DROOLING on the MAN seated below me. Seriously. Drool running down his cheek. But I can’t really help it because I cant feel my mouth.
So I try to apologize but I can’t really talk yet and it comes out as “swary i dwool on you head.”

The bus stops and the man gets off.

Hee. Great! He totally thought I was one of the “special” people on the “shirt bus.” I might as well have been wearing a helmet and mismatched shoes.
*****

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

def. not something you can read when you're in a public place where you're supposed to be quiet!

Friday, November 03, 2006 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home