God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Monday, June 05, 2006

10-day Recap

It's only been [quick counting] 10 days since I last posted, but so much has happened!

Weekend, May 26-28
Friday night we stayed home. Typically the boys go out somewhere, so Sis and I had the TV to ourselves. Chris had nothing to do either, so we sat and watched Batman, I think. Can't really remember, but I'm sure we watched a movie.
Saturday morning Chris was over at 7:30 and woke me up to go garage saleing! We took the page from the paper that had all the garage sale ads in it and crossed them off as we went. Lots of fun, nice warm weather, and we bought a whole bunch of stuff: 2 whisks (me), a lace shawl (me), some playing cards (Chris), basketballs (Chris), an old Bible and two really old "devo" books - 1 from 1917, and the other from 1889! - (me), a stack of plastic Tupperware cups (me), and a bookcase (me). After the sales we popped into Burlington for a minute to drop off some CDs Chris had borrowed from K&S, and then on the way home we stopped at the Liquidation Outlet in Waterdown and I bought a rocking chair! I don't really need one (yet), but it was exactly like the one I pictured owning someday, and I couldn't pass it up. The bookcase is already in my room and filled with stuff, but the chair is sitting in the hall downstairs until I find some place to put it. Chris dropped me off at home to do some work for my mum, and then in the evening Teresa came over to pick up her duvet - I finally finished it - and we went with Trees, Sis and I to Angel's Diner for supper. Excellent food! Then we came home and watched... a movie. Don't remember which one. It was a chick flick, cuz Chris was complaining the whole time. :P

Week, May 29 - June 2
This week was insanely busy. Monday night was the only free night, but it was so hot we didn't want to do anything anyways. We ate fruit and icecream and sat in the basement. Chris was supposed to have a soccer game in Cambridge but it got cancelled.
Tuesday was Sharlene's play in Waterdown, and it was fantastic! She did such a good job. Another hot date, and the theatre wasn't A/C'd, so I think with all the people sitting in there the temperature got up near 40 C.
Wednesday was soccer again, in Hamilton. Mel was there, so we got to sit and chat while we watched our men lose their game. :P
Thursday was our 2nd anniversary! Hard to believe it's been 2 years already, it's gone fast. Chris totally surprised me, took me out to a New Orleans bistro in Burlington for dinner. We had a typical N.O. dinner of hot jambalaya, crab cakes, cornbread, ribs, and catfish. I had a martini too, but Chris didn't like the taste of it so much. After dinner we went for a walk in Spencer Smith Park, all the way down to the end with the cool compass, and we checked out the new tourist information centre, which looks so much better than the old one.
Friday and Saturday we were up in Markdale at Campfire! for the CYA Retreat. We had an excellent time and heard some very thought-provoking speeches, played games, and went on a scavenger hunt all over the camp. The hand game at our table was fun (and noisy), and the water-pistol wars were hilarious (Joel! Sara!).

And that's about it, I think. This is going to be another busy week, if I'm not careful, so I think I'm going to make sure I have time to relax and maybe do some sewing, since I haven't touched my machine in over a week. There's some mending to be done, so I think that will be first.

Congrats to Jocelyn and Harold, who went and got engaged two Thursdays ago! I love you guys!

Hope y'all are having a good week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I'm so sad that we couldn't go to the CYA conference:( I'm glad to hear it went really well. But, we had fun with Josh and Dina this past weekend.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger undoubtably_me said...

Good to hear it! Maybe Chris and I will be able to come and visit you sometime. Take care, both of you!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home