God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Back to the real world

Yes, I'm back after my whirlwind trip to Holland. It was great to see Oma (who is doing much better, and may be able to go home soon) and other relatives. I think one of the highlights of my week was getting to meet my 5 nieces and nephews, one of whom is named after me, and another who is a dead ringer for me at age 2. Once I have time to upload some pictures I'll introduce them to you!

It's very strange living in another culture for a week. I'd never realized how much I take everyday conversation for granted until I had to struggle to understand people in another language. I'm proud to say that, although I lost whatever Dutch conversation skills I had when I was younger, I did manage to hold my own in a conversation by the end of my week there. I couldn't speak Dutch, but I could for the most part understand what they were talking about. The relatives all had a great laugh at me when I got so excited about being able to read a road sign, though! And I think I convinced a few of them to come to Canada next fall for a certain momentous event... ;)

But yeah, glad to be back in the true North strong and free. Now I have to catch up on the week's worth of paperwork I missed... my desk looks like a mountain range with all the piles! :S Hopefully one of these days I'll be up to date on all that stuff, but for now I just keep plugging away.

Spring is here! I love seeing the buds on the trees and the brilliant forsythias everywhere! Makes me feel like singin'... if only I could, eh?

AOC this weekend. I'm not a leader, but I will be stopping by in the evenings to volunteer my services with cleanup or cooking. If I time it right I can check out the Coffee House productions too, which should be interesting.

Tha's all fer now! I have a ton of work to do tonight, finishing a transcript, making some cards, and sewing if I get the chance, but I'm not counting on that one.

G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home