God, speed your love to me...

Walking hand in hand with the Man who stilled the waters.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

First and foremost, a daughter of the Almighty God of the universe. After that, a daughter, sister, fiancee, lover, friend, confidante... and artist.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I love this song...

It's very catchy. I have it on my mp3 player, and it's one of the few songs that I can repeat and not get sick of it:

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
I want a girl who knows what's best
I want a girl with shoes that cut
And eyes that burn like cigarettes

I want a girl with the right allocations
Who's fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's playing with her jewelry
She's putting up her hair
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnng jacket......

I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who used a machete to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket

I want a girl with a smooth liquidation
I want a girl with good dividends
At city bank we will meet accidentally
We'll start to talk when she borrows my pen

She wants a car with a cupholder arm rest
She wants a car that will get her there
She's changing her name from Kitty to Karen
She's trading her MG for a white Chrysler Le Baron

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnggggggggg jacket

~ Cake, "Short Skirt, Long Jacket"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe... Cake is a very interesting band.. I used to drive my family crazy by playing "The Distance" over and over again. White-people-rap.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Joel f said...

"I want a girl who cuts through red tape with a machete"...definitely a good characteristic to look for in a partner :P

However, I would never marry anybody who had the abysmal taste to trade away an MG for--of all things--a Chrysler Le Baron. *shudder*

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:59:00 PM  
Blogger Reuben said...

Definitely a good tune. Its timeless really.
I prefer the 'sheep go to heaven' song.

And, Joel, speaking of Cake whats that song that talks about french canadians in a bar on the river with a weird name? I can't find it in my collection.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Joel f said...

lol...Reuben, there is more than one Joel in the Golden Horseshoe, and I'm (the?) one you don't know : )
consequently, I have no idea what that Cake song is!

Saturday, November 18, 2006 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Reuben said...

shoot. you seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about cake and the other joel i know from around there is a pretty big cake fan so i just assumed. i still really want to know what song that is - i guess i will have to email him.

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Reuben said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Reuben said...

The other joel has informed me by way of his blog http://funwow.blogspot.com/ that the song is called 'wheels'. (See this lyrics site)
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/cake/wheels.html
look out for popups if you are using IE.
its a great song though

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home